One of the missions of the RAMMB is to create image products, including true-color/RGB images. Imagery/visualization activities include:
GOES-R ABI Synthetic-RGB Imagery:
- Advanced Baseline Imager (ABI) imagery is simulated in advance of the expected 2015 launch of GOES-R.
- ABI imagery provided by CIMSS/SSEC was turned into a (synthetic) true-color/RGB image at CIRA (shown at left), by first generating a synthetic-Green band from the ABI Red, Near-IR, and Blue bands. A full-size version of this image is also available, as well as an 1 hour animated version.
- For additional detail, see Green and RGB imagery for the Advanced Baseline Imager (ABI)
Another mission of the RAMMB is to help assess Suomi NPP VIIRS and GOES Imager and Sounder data quality. Calibration/validation activities include:
Suomi NPP VIIRS Imagery Checkout:
- The Suomi NPP VIIRS Imagery Checkout is being conducted since the launch of S-NPP, which ocurred on 28 October 2011.
- Suomi NPP VIIRS Imagery and Visualization Team (main site)
- Suomi NPP VIIRS Imagery and Visualization Team Blog
GOES-15 Science Test:
- The GOES-15 Science Test was conducted 11 August through 22 September 2010. The GOES-15 Imager and Sounder were put into storage mode on 25 October 2010, but were brought into operational service on 6 December 2011.
- GOES-15 NOAA/Science Post Launch Test (PLT)
GOES-14 Science Test:
- The GOES-14 Science Test was conducted 30 November 2009 through 4 January 2010. The GOES-14 Imager and Sounder were put into storage mode on 18 January 2010.
- GOES-14 NOAA/Science Post Launch Test (PLT)
GOES-13 Science Test:
- The GOES-13 Science Test was conducted 7 through 28 December 2006. GOES-13 Imager and Sounder were put into storage mode on 5 January 2007, but were brought into operational service in 2010.
- GOES-13 NOAA/Science Post Launch Test (PLT)
GOES Image Display Information:
- GOES Image Display Information (last updated in 2006)
This Web page was last updated on: 2012-03-12